The mountains surrounding Salta City are perfect for hiking and to enjoy the nature, recognizing different plant and animal species.
Hiking tours from Salta City
Hiking circuit in the Yungas area (cloudforest) that surrounds Salta city.
In this adventure activity, participants will have the opportunity to experience the lush vegetation that composes the mountains or hills in the Pre-Andes region, and see the city of Salta and its valley from natural viewpoints.
We leave early from Salta city in a westerly direction. After a short trip by car, we get to a natural reserve where the hike begins. The first part is a steep climb, then we enter in the forest along old path covered with vegetation used by the few pastors in the area.
In the first part of the way, there are domestic animals living in semi-freedom. This means that have owners, but they leave them free and alone looking for food and water. Inside the forest, hopefully we can find wild animals like Pavas del Monte, various species of birds, Corzuelas (a kind of small deer), among others.
- Duration: Full Day. 8 hours approx. The duration varies according to group level.
Long Option: From 9 to 17 approx. (Lunch Included)
Short Option: From 9 to 14 approx. (Snack Included)
- Departure Times: Every day at 9:00 am.
- Walkin distance: 10 km. approx.
- Altitude: min: 1.368 mts, max: 2.000 mts approx.
- Cumulative Elevation: 632 mts.
- Difficulty: Moderate, people can participate, with a minimal fit and technical skill to walk in narrow trails.
- Region: Foothills of the Andes.
- Price: See the Tours Price List
- Include: Transfers, Trekking Sticks, Snacks, Lunch (picnic), bilingual guide, Insurance.
- What to Bring:
Clothing: Long trousers (preferably demountable), trekking or sport shoes with socks (no sandals), hat and sunglasses.
In a small backpack: 1,5 lts of water (minimum) per person, 1 windbreak, insect repellent, sunscreen and photo camera.