Pack 4 "Salt & Quebrada": Salinas and Humahuaca
This promotional package is made for those who want to see archeological sites, deserts of salt and who want to learn about ancient indigenous civilizations.
The Pack 4 consists of 2 one-day trips, each of which leaves from and returns to Salta on the same day. You need be available 2 full days, albeit not necessarily consecutive days.
In 2 different days, the following excursions take place:
Puna and Salt Flats
This trip combines two excursions into one extended trip: first, a journey to San Antonio de los Cobres, following the tracks of the “Tren a las Nubes”, Train to the Clouds. Second, a visit to a part of the “Quebrada de Humahuaca” (quebrada is a deep mountain valley or ravine), visiting the village of Purmamarca passing through the Great Salt Flats earlier on. Along the way, we assure you some unforgettable landscapes and scenery. The “Quebrada del Toro” will surprise you with its exceptional forms and colors. The Salt Flats, mainly located in the province of Jujuy, cover an area of approximately 212 km².
More information about this tour: Great Salt Flats
Quebrada de Humahuaca
A region rich in history and tradition. In this area roads and settlements exist for more than ten thousands of years. Today still many archeological and architectural sites are witness of its grand history. The region is home to a population who preserves its ancient customs and habits. It forms a natural corridor from North to South, which stretches from the Rio Grande basin and connects the Jujuy Valley to the Puna. In the year 2003, during a session held in Paris, it was declared UNESCO World Heritage in the category of “Cultural Landscapes”.
More information about this tour: Humahuaca
- DURATION: This package consists of 2 one-day trips, each one leaving from and returning to Salta on the same day. You need to be available 2 full days, albeit not necessarily consecutive days.
- TIME SCHEDULE: both days, departure between 7:00 and 7:30 (AM) and return between 20:00 and 21:00 approximately.
- INCLUDED: transport, guides and insurance
- NOT INCLUDED: Food and drinks, entrance fees to museums.
- PRICE: Visit our web page prices of the excursions in Salta