Pack 3 "Calchaqui Valley": Cafayate & Cachi
This promotional package is set for those who want to know the Calchaquí Valleys. It consist of 2 excursions to the most emblematic sites of the Calchaquí Valleys.
The Pack 3 consists of 2 one-day trips, each of which leaves from and returns to Salta on the same day. You need be available 2 full days, albeit not necessarily consecutive days.
In 2 different days, the following excursions take place:
Famous for its vineyards, its excellent wines (the grape Torrontés is cultivated here) and its wineries known as “bodegas”.
It is the most important city within the tour of the Calchaqui Valleys.
This excursion will take you from the south of Salta through the Lerma Valley, at its widest point, learning about the tobacco cultivation and the colonial architecture of the villages, connected to the Argentine Independence Movement.
Afterwards, we enter the “Quebrada del Río las Conchas” (Shells or Cafayate Canyon), enjoying amazing and whimsical sceneries, like the “Garganta del Diablo” (the Devil´s Throat) and the “Anfiteatro” (the Amfitheatre), results of years of erosion by wind and water.
More information about this trip: Cafayate
A lovely village, situated in the North East of the Calchaqui Valley. It rests on the eastern flank of the “Nevado de Cachi”, a peak of 6729m and is sided by the banks of the crystalline Calchaquí River, which has its source not far from there, on the heights of the Nevado de Acay, another peak of 5950m.
Its name derives from a misunderstanding amongst the native population, who mistook the snowcapped top of the mountain for a salt mine. This is not entirely ridiculous, taken into account that this is a region abundant of salt flats. Moreover, its top had never been reached by then (or at least no reports existed at that time).
More information about this tour: Cachi
- DURATION: This package consists of 2 one-day trips, each one them leaving from and returning to Salta on the same day. You need to be available 2 full days, albeit not necessarily consecutive days.
- TIME SCHEDULE: both days, departure between 7:00 and 7:30 (AM) and return between 20:00 and 21:00 approximately.
- INCLUDED: transport, guides and insurance
- NOT INCLUDED: Food and drinks, entrance fees to museums.
- PRICE: Visit our web page prices of the excursions in Salta.