Salta City Tour
Today the city has grown considerably, but keeps intact the colonial spirit in many of its most important monuments and houses, making it the best city in Argentina which has preserved its architectural legacy.
- LOCATION: 24°47′24"S, 65°24′36"O
- ALTITUDE: 1.187 msnm
- POPULATION: 462.051 (indec, 2001)
- AREA CODE: A4400
- INTENDANT: Miguel Ángel Isa
The city tour in Salta City consists of a walk short distances linking its historic monuments, the city centre and its outskirts.
In this walk are known places of greater attractiveness of the city:
- The central square (July 9) with its monument to General Arenales;
- The Catedral Basílica;
- The Museum of Archaeology high Mountain (MAAM), where are the Llullaillaco mummies;
- The North Historical Museum , the Colonial Museum and the Fine Arts Museum;
- The Cabildo;
- The San Francisco Church;
- The San Bernardo convent;
- The Gral. Güemes monument, at the foot of the hill;
- Up the San Bernardo Hill, where they have an overview of the entire city and its environs;
- Monument to the Battle of Salta and 20 de Febrero Park;
- The historic building where is the Artisan market.
- DISTANCE: 100 km. aprox.
- DURATION: 4 hs aprox.
- INCLUDE: Transfers, guides and insurance.
- NOT INCLUDE: Museum entrances.
- PRICE PER PERSON: See the Tour Price List